Paleo Fridge Dump Goulash



The other day I had a craving for something I haven’t had in a very long time. When I was little, my mother always made a fridge dump goulash that was so very good. She would throw loads of veggies, cheeses, and noodles into a big pot, and it always seemed to turn out delicious. Tonight I tried to make a Paleo version and I think it turned out pretty well!

Paleo Fridge Dump Goulash

2 lbs grass fed ground beef
3 sm. Zucchini cut into bite size pieces (noodles)
1 diced onion
1 cup diced mushrooms
1 diced yellow pepper
1 can tomato paste
1 can diced green chilies & tomatoes
1 tbsp. chili powder
3 cloves of garlic
1/4 tsp. red chili powder
1/4 tsp. red pepper flakes
Salt & Pepper to taste

In a large stock pot brown the meat with the peppers,onions and mushrooms. If there’s a lot of fat from the meat, drain off most of it. Add the tomato paste, diced tomatoes, seasoning, and zucchini. Cook until the zucchini is to your desired tenderness. Leave out the red pepper and pepper flakes if you don’t like spicy.


Next time we make this, I think we’re going to add taco type seasoning. Then we’ll eat it wrapped lettuce leaves with some salsa and avocado.